A fresh new opportunity for you to help shape trade policy, improve your job performance, and advance your career development.
The American Association of Exporters and Importers (AAEI) has created a program for individuals to participate on an AAEI committee of their choice. It’s called the AAEI Tasting Menu and it could be right for you if your employer is qualified for membership but currently is unwilling to commit to a full membership.
You’ll get 12-months of full participation in a select AAEI industry committee. You will be able to join each of the regular committee meetings, be included in all committee email communications between meetings, and have a voice on all the initiatives the committee recommends to AAEI.
Which committees can you choose from?
- Customs Policy and Procedures (monthly) – Focus on automation, entry revision, global customs harmonization, trade security, tariff data reporting, ISF, bonds and legislation impacting the trade community.
- Regulated Industries (monthly) – Focus on unique problems of importers subject to the regulations of FDA, USDA, EPA, CSPC, DOT, FWS, ATF and others.
Healthcare Industries (quarterly) – Focus on trade security, facilitation and compliance issues for the pharmaceuticals and medical devices industries, as well as ISA.
- Chemicals and Bulk Commodities (quarterly) – Focus on issues of interest to importers and exporters of chemical and petroleum products, other bulk commodities, and related transportation companies.
- Trade Policy (monthly) – Focus on regional and special trade agreements, multilateral trade negotiations, dumping and countervailing duty issues, competition policy, legislation and macroeconomic policy as it affects international trade.
- Export Compliance and Facilitation (monthly) – Focus on U.S. export controls, unilateral sanctions programs, and foreign barriers to U.S. exports.
- International Policy (monthly) – Focus on global trade facilitation and compliance issues and needs of multinational companies and their service providers with global trade compliance teams overseas.
- Textiles, Apparel and Footwear (monthly) – Focus on importing and exporting of textiles, apparel and footwear.
- Drawback and Duty Deferral (monthly) – Focus on regulatory changes and administrative problems on same-condition and substitution drawback and special duty deferral programs, such as temporary import bond entries.
- Western Regional Committee (monthly) – Focus on western region of the U.S., and West Coast, Northern and Southern border trade operations issues.
What does it cost?
Participation in the AAEI Tasting Menu program costs $1,000 for one year with a two-year maximum. AAEI hopes to have your company joins the Association as a full member with a dues discount for your first year of full membership.
AAEI hopes to whet your company’s appetite for full memebrship with this exclusive program and AAEI’s important work in trade information sharing and advocacy. See for yourself what AAEI can do for you to make global trade happen.