The American Association of Exporters and Importers (AAEI) is an advocacy, education and professional development association supporting fair and open trade among nations and American businesses working in global trade. AAEI’s expertise in international trade and customs is widely recognized in Washington and other national capitals.
AAEI is seeking an organized, self-motivated, team-oriented individual interested in international trade for an internship providing hands-on experiences in government affairs, public relations, marketing, meetings and grassroot communications. The intern will work with members of staff and gain experience in researching, writing, legislative/media/member relations, marketing, meetings and grassroots communications. This is an excellent opportunity for students to develop a multi-faceted portfolio. Specific tasks include:
- Research, preparation, and writing of legislative summaries, news analysis, position papers, newsletter articles and brochures.
- Assisting with special events and providing administrative support, including committee meetings and activities.
- Assisting Director of Government Affairs with grassroots communication program planning and expansion.
- Assisting Director of Marketing with communication program planning and expansion, member development.
- Assist Director of Meetings and Events with event/program planning and preparation.
- Updating and expanding the association’s website.
Hours and Compensation
Interns are expected to work 40 hours per week, although the program also considers applicants for part-time positions during the Fall and Spring terms. Full-time interns will receive a weekly stipend of $420.
The Association will consider qualified undergraduates, graduate students, and individuals no longer in school for internship positions; however, the internship program is best suited for undergraduates. Substantive experience in international trade and business is highly valued, but less vital than a willingness to work hard and to learn. The internship program runs on the following schedule of dates:
Recruiting for Spring 2016.
Apply early! We review applications upon arrival and make hiring decisions accordingly. With your resume, please send a cover letter explaining your interest in international trade and two (2) writing samples to email@example.com or the address below. Please do not send transcripts, letters of recommendation, or writing samples that are over five pages.
- Cover letter
- Resume (please include relevant college courses)
- Two (2) Writing Samples (3-5 pages)
Mail or Fax to:
American Association of Exporters and Importers (AAEI)
Attention: Bon Van Duker
1717 K Street, NW, Suite 1120
Washington, DC 20006